Business Ethics & Governance
Acting responsibly and ethically is crucial to maintain high levels of credibility.
Business ethics and governance is the foundation for Investor’s ownership model and sustainability approach. The Investor Sustainability Guidelines define the expectations applicable to Investor and all Investor’s portfolio companies to conduct their operations in a responsible and ethical manner. They require, among other things, that Investor and our companies comply with national legislation and local rules, have adequate policies, processes and resources to manage and monitor business ethics, and that they have secure whistleblowing systems in place.
% of our portfolio companies have signed the UN Global Compact
% of our portfolio companies have a whistleblowing system in place to report violations
% of our companies have set measurable sustainability targets
Investor's Sustainability Guidelines
- Ensure that sustainability is integrated into the business
- Act ethically and in compliance with local and national legislation in each country of
- Regularly assess material sustainability topics and have an active dialog with stakeholders
- Sign and adhere to the UN Global Compact, commit to UN Sustainable Development Goals, support the ILO conventions, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, as well as the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Implement policies and Code of Conduct that address relevant sustainability areas including business ethics
- Analyze risks and opportunities and formulate relevant measurable targets
- Continuously improve social, environmental and economic impact with a special focus on innovation, climate, diversity & inclusion
- Have adequate processes and resources to manage and monitor sustainability performance
- Have a secure reporting channel for whistleblowing in place
- Transparently report on the sustainability development
Investor’s Board of Directors has adopted a Sustainability Policy which sets the framework for Investor’s sustainability approach and work as well as a Code of Conduct as a guideline on business principles and ethics. Investor has also adopted a policy on Anti-Corruption and on Whistleblowing. All employees and company representatives are expected to comply with our policies and Code of Conduct. We hold regular trainings and all documentation is available on Investor’s intranet.
We support universally recognized human rights and assume long term accountability for ethical standards. We acknowledge that our commitment to financial performance also takes into account the broader economic, environmental and social impacts of our own operations and those of our portfolio companies. We are a signatory of the UN Global Compact and its ten principles and support the ILO conventions, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
We strive to maintain a transparent business climate and high business ethics and we value the safety and respect of everyone affected by our business. Our trustworthiness and long-term success is built on our business principles, described in our Code of Conduct. Investor has a whistleblowing system in place where both employees and external stakeholders can report violations. Read more here.
Investor ensures a good local tax reputation in consistence with tax laws and practices in the markets we operate in. We strive to take a commercial approach rather than a tax driven approach when operating our business.